Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 12, 2020

The Quants: How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It by Scott Patterson

It's the history of quantitative trading. How they rose, become a kingdom and their big failures.

Copy from book:


MODELERS OF ALL MARKETS, UNITE! 
You have nothing to lose but your illusions. 

The Modelers' Hippocratic Oath 
 ~ I will remember that I didn't make the world, and it doesn't satisfy my equations. 
~ Though I will use models boldly to estimate value, I will not be overly impressed by mathematics. 
~ I will never sacrifice reality for elegance without explaining why I have done so. 
~ Nor will I give the people who use my model false comfort about its accuracy. Instead, I will make explicit its assumptions and oversights. 
~ I understand that my work may have enormous effects on society and the economy, many of them beyond my comprehension

(  Lời thề của nhà giao dịch định lượng
    ~ Tôi sẽ luôn nhớ là tôi không sáng tạo thế giới, và nó không có nghĩa vụ thoả mãn các công thức của tôi.
    ~ Dù tôi dùng các mẫu hình để ước lượng giá trị, tôi sẽ không quá thần tượng toán học.
    ~ Tôi sẽ không bao giờ hi sinh hiện thực cho mỹ học mà không giải thích tại sao tôi làm vậy
    ~ Tôi cũng sẽ không làm những người sử dụng mẫu hình của tôi ảo giác về độ chính xác của nó. Thay vào đó, tôi sẽ mô tả rõ ràng các giả định và những ngoại lệ.
    ~ Tôi hiểu là tác phẩm của tôi có thể gây ra các ảnh hưởng to lớn tới xã hội và nền kinh tế, đa phần nằm ngoài tầm hiểu biết của tôi.
)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét