Chủ Nhật, 12 tháng 11, 2023

Power Cut

As I was learning on my laptop, the light suddenly turned off, and all the apartments around me changed to a dark theme. I found myself having nothing to do in the dark when I was unplugged.


Most of my life is chronically online: my work, my finances, my learning plan, and even my friends and family, since I live far away from them. Therefore I felt lost and confused when I was disconnected. I opened the door, and my neighbor across the hall did the same, then a wind blew through the space, replacing the fan that had stopped working.


I plan to unplug twice a month, during that time I will go out with new friends and refresh my body and mind. But in a metropolis, people expect electricity and water to be permanent. It's hard to live in a city without those convenient utilities.


This is the second blackout this November, and there are rumors that it will be unstable in the coming times. What a shame that a monopolistic company only raised its loss on the media to increase the price without improving its service.


Vietnam needs a better system, such as a free electric market.


013 - jaken - 12/11/2023

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét