Thứ Tư, 20 tháng 12, 2023

In your last

 In your last

What will preoccupy your thoughts in your twilight years? Are they your incompleted journeys, tangled career paths, or broken relationships of young ages? From my perspective, just as an adult forgets their cherished toys in kindergarten, who has one foot in the grave worries about very different things.
The aging process will slowly take away fundamental abilities from humans. Beauty, health, the precision of senses, memories, and even sanity will diminish by and by. Compared to those, the dreams of our youth seem like mere illusions.
Every morning, when I exercise jogging around my apartment, I often see an old man sitting in a wheelchair and sunbathing. A nurse, employed by his family to take care of his daily life. His children are affluent, and he may have an illustrious past. However, now he cannot eat or defecate by himself, suffering persistent pains in bed like my grandfather.
In my last years, my hope is to retain a lucid mind and enough power to control my death and life.
051 - jaken - 20/12/2023

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét