Thứ Sáu, 15 tháng 12, 2023

Pho

 Pho


Pho, a popular traditional Vietnamese dish, is one of three Vietnamese words in the English dictionary. Despite its popularity, I've never been a fan of Pho.


I was raised with another traditional noodle called "Mì Quảng". A poet of Quang Nam once said: "I want to eat a thousand bowls, then I can die happily". I could consume my favorite foods happily three times a day, every day.


I started eating Phở when I stayed with my uncle. Occasionally, he brought all the family out for Phở as breakfast. After that, Pho became part of my menu, but it was not a top option.


When I moved to my current apartment, my choices became limited. I don't want to go so far for a meal, and there are only a few food stores near my home. Most of them were not very delicious, kept bankrupting, and were replaced by new stores. Except for one Phở restaurant, its taste was good and it survived long enough to make me a regular customer.


Now I find myself having a new habit. I eat Phở here two or three times a week, ordering the same dish each time. Perhaps in the distant future, I might become a Phở lover.


046 - jaken - 15/12/2022

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét