Thứ Sáu, 8 tháng 12, 2023

Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet


I decided to watch this performance alone after many unsuccessful attempts to invite friends to join me. Because some of them were not interested, and others couldn't arrange their time.


Without my friends, most of whom are full-time employees, I chose the performance at noon. And luckily, I caught a single seat lonely near the stage. At night time, most of the ticket was sold and there were not many options. 


I arrived just three minutes before show time with an e-ticket on my phone. I thought there would be a queue for check-in but not. The staff just quickly looked at my phone and directed me to my seat. The chair was slightly damaged and creaky while I sat down.


Interestingly, the majority of the audience today were kids - young children in uniform. "They might have been the same age as Juliet when she died" - I thought. That's the time I remembered I came here to watch the tragedy of the suicide of a teenage couple.


Romeo, however, was not a little boy. He was half as much again as my size, and was an adult, like his Juliet. Although I could only listen to 30% of their dialogue (It's a slight disappointment about myself, I thought I could understand 60-70%), the excellent gestures and facial expressions made the play easy to follow. Maybe because I knew all the script already too.


The performer teams had around eight members for more than ten characters. The props are simple but well-designed for each scene. I had the good fortune to stay near the stage and watch clearly the troupe, their costumes, and their acting. 


After two hours, the performance concluded with the death of the young couple. My teardrops fell slowly for their endless love and my past broken relationships.


039-040 - jaken - 08-09/12/2023

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét